Friday, September 23, 2011

INDIAN SUMMER SEPTEMBER 21, 2011: A PHOTO VIEW

                                                     color photo   nature does it again, beautiful

Walked the grounds at the arboretum on a sunny late afternoon. I was struck how it is a time of seeds, nuts and fruit. I ran into John Abbuhl planting trees. He took the time to show me the Pawpaw and Persimmons fruits and even the magnolia fruits. (I didn't even know such existed). He had to go back to planting and I continued my enjoyable walk. I had my hiking boots on and I really don't care if I get my feet wet. I noticed the downhill water runoff. As visitors know there are more than ten small ponds at the arboretum, what is less noticeable is the ditching and connecting waterways that help to keep the land underfoot solid and drained relatively quickly.
Here are some photos of my hike. Give yourself a nice walk and stop by the arboretum next time the sun shines.

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."- Chinese proverb
persimmon fruit

I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live than other things do.
- Willa Cather (1873-1947), O Pioneers 1913

magnolia fruit

pawpaw fruit

"Do not be afraid to go out on a limb ... That's where the fruit is."- Anonymous

"Sometimes Thou may'st walk in Groves, which being full of Majestie will much advance the Soul."
- Thomas Vaughan, Anima Magica Abscondita


----- Alan Casline

No comments:

Post a Comment